TOPIC 1 : How To Make Small Talk
- What kind of importance in communication do you think small talk has?
- What kind of topic do you think is appropriate for small talk? Why?
- What kind of topic do you think is inappropriate for small talk? Why?
- What kind of topic do you often talk about with your friends, family members or colleagues?
- What kind of feedback do you give when you are listening?
- What kind of questions are good to have a smooth conversation?
TOPIC 2 : Media Effects
- What is your favorite TV show? Please describe it in detail.
- What do you think are the good points and bad points of television in comparison with YouTube?
- Whether you like it or not, the media is sometimes unfair; they sometimes control how you see things by providing certain types of interpretations on the topic. Do you think this is acceptable or not? Why?
- Do you believe your country has free press? Do you think you receive information that is presented in a fair way?
- Where do you often get information? Is it TV, newspaper, books or the Internet?
- What kind of technique do you use to tell facts from fakes on the Internet?
- In addition to the pandemic, what kind of news is currently getting attention in your country?