<TOPIC 1 : The surprising health benefits of dreaming – Matt Walker>
- What is one key benefit of dreaming which is associated with an enhanced ability to solve next-day problems according to Mr. Walker’s talk?
- What is the second benefit of dreaming?
- Do you usually have dreams? What was the nicest dream you could remember?What about the worst?
- Are dream messages sent from our unconscious, predictions of the future, or the brain’s way of cleaning out information?
- Has anyone told you that you walked or talked in your sleep?
<TOPIC 2 : What does it mean to be a refugee?>
- Who are those people commonly referred to as refugees? What is the modern definition of “refugee” drafted in the UN’s 1951 Convention? What is the difference between the term “migrant” and “refugee”?
- Are refugees welcome in your country?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of welcoming refugees into a country?
- Would you be willing to support (financially or otherwise) charities that help refugees in your country? Why / why not?
- What do you think you’d do if you suddenly lost your home, your job, your family and your country became extremely dangerous to live in?