1st Part Beauty and Fashion
1. A beautiful woman and a good looking guy benefit greatly from their looks. Do you agree or disagree? In what situation, can they get some benefit?
2. Do you want to be a model or a good looking person? Why or why not?
3. Do you like buying clothes and fashion items? What is your favorite brands?
4. According to Recruit’s survey, working Japanese women on average spend JPY30,000 for a beauty salon, cosmetics and clothes. Do you think this is too high or low? How much money do you spend on clothes per month?
5. What factors are important to you in choosing your husband or wife (beauty, salary, love)?
2nd part Discussion Questions.
Cameron Rusesll- Looks aren’t everything?
I recommend using subtitles and transcripts.
1. What did Cameron say about appearance? Does she think it is important?
2. Have you ever thought about changing your appearance?
3. Can we judge people by appearances? Why or why not?
4. What do you think forms our our images of what kind of look is desirable? (cultere, fashion magazines, frineds, TV, advertising, etc)
5. Cameron says who she is on pictures is not really who she is. Have you ever felt that your appearance doesn’t match with your true identity?