TOPIC 1 : How language shapes the way we think
1. Do you believe that speaking two languages is like having two minds?
Has English ever changed your way of thinking?
2. Have you ever studied any other languages besides English?
Why did you start studying them?
Which language do you wish to learn?
3. What do you think is the reason why some aborigines consider that the time goes from east to west?
Why do you think their language focuses so much on direction?
4. What do you think of the fact that we are losing a number of languages year by year? What if English or your mother tongue becomes the only language in the world?
5. Thanks to the evolution of technology, we can now make use of traslation software such as Google Translation or Voice Tra. What do you think of these services? Do you think it is still meaningful to study a language even in this situation?
TOPIC 2 : Why you should do useless things
1. Do you have any personal hobbies or customs that might appear useless to others?
2. Do you wish to get rid of useless things from your daily life?
Or is it acceptable for you to have useless things in your life?
3. What do you think of the idea that useless things can give you some inspiration to solve real problems?
Have you ever felt that way?
4. What do you wish to learn in the future?
5. Do you have any favorite movies or novels that might not be necessarily related to your work but are important for you to keep living? How do they inspire you?